My Worthy Brothers and Sir Knights,
I took a trip over to Claremont last week to look at the accommodations and talk to the caterer. Faithful Navigator, Lou Millette, met me at the banquet hall and we sat down with a very nice young lady named Alissa Bascom to discuss menu choices. She just got back to me with the price per person and we are a go for the following:
- Hors d’oeuvres will consist of two stations of Crackers and Cheese with red grapes and dried apricots
- Servers will be circulating with trays of hot “pigs in blankets” and hot bacon wrapped scallops
- There will be stations set up with punch, coffee and tea. Water pitchers will be on the tables.
- The buffet style dinner will have Chicken Cordon Bleu and Baked Stuffed Haddock
- Roasted Potato with buttered green beans, hot dinner rolls and butter
- The salad will be served with Italian Dressing
- Dessert will be Hot Apple Crisp topped with vanilla ice cream
The hall will hold 200 people very comfortably. Please don’t wait to send in your Form 4’s and your checks. The June exemplification has been the larger of the two we hold and I am thinking that we could fill up fast. Please be sure that all forms are signed, dated and have the required membership numbers before you send them to Hector. I am looking into area accommodations. There is a very fine place called the Common Man Inn right near the church in downtown Claremont. As of now there are only a few rooms available. The rates run from $129 to $319 and you need to book 2 nights. The address is:
Common Man Inn and Restaurant
21 Water Street
Claremont, NH 03743
I will try to find other places that may be a better fit and have more rooms available. As for the Ladies Program, our good friend, Claire Lessard, just happens to be the Executive Director of the facility. She suggested that the ladies might have fun playing bingo. The hall is equipped with the proper machinery and one of our Worthy Brother Sir Knights is the regular caller for the Senior Citizens. My wife, Janet, has donated some custom hand made items to give out as prizes for the games.
We have around a dozen candidates to date; at least those are the numbers I have been told about. My challenge to you all is to make us work. Sign up those new members and let’s have a memorable degree. I am still looking for ads for the program book if anyone wants to get some for us.
Once again, thank you all for all you do,